The Canadian dollar weakened
against its U.S. counterpart on Wednesday after a U.S. official said the White House was considering a draft executive order to
withdraw from the NAFTA trade deal between ...
By Joseph Adinolfi, MarketWatch, Rachel Koning Beals. Bank of Japan, European Central Bank meetings on tap later this week. The dollar retreated on Wednesday from its highest level against the yen in a month after the blueprint for President Donald Trump's long-anticipated tax-reform plan delivered few surprises.
* Trump tax plan seen lacking new details. * Dollar eases from nearly 4-week high vs yen. * Reports of U.S. withdrawal from NAFTA hurt peso, loonie. * Graphic: World FX rates in 2017 http://tmsnrt.rs/2egbfVh. By Sam Forgione.
US EURODLR FUTURES CLOSE: Mildly higher after the bell, at/near modest session
highs. Decent net volume on two-way flow on day. Current White pack (Jun'17-Mar'18):
* Jun'17 +0.005 at 98.700
* Sep'17 +0.010 at 98.580
* Dec'17 +0.015 at 98.500
* Mar'18 +0.015 at 98.410
* Red pack (Jun'18-Mar'19) +0.025-0.030
* Green pack (Jun'19-Mar'20) +0.030-0.020
* Blue pack (Jun'20-Mar'21) +0.020-0.025
* Gold pack (Jun'21-Mar'22) +0.020-0.015
US TSY FLOWS: Treasuries see FX-tied buying as US$ weakens vs. yen in late
afternoon trading. And some traders said Tsys bought as they thought Trump tax plan would not be so stimulative to the economy as they had expected earlier.
News, commentary and research reports are from third-party sources unaffiliated with Fidelity. Fidelity does not endorse or adopt their content. Fidelity makes no guarantees that information supplied is accurate, complete, or timely, and does not provide any warranties regarding results obtained from their use.