Please use symbol entry at top right of page to search

Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions

Nov 22 (Reuters) - The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 11:30 am GMT on Tuesday:

** Agricultural commodities trader Bunge Ltd (BG) has agreed to buy 49% of French company BZ Group, with the Beuzelin family keeping the remaining 51% majority stake, the companies said.

** Enel plans asset sales worth 21 billion euros ($21.5 billion) to reduce net debt and focus its transition to cleaner energy in six core countries, the Italian utility said.

** Berkshire Hathaway, the investment company owned by Warren Buffett, has sold 3.23 million Hong Kong-listed shares of electric vehicle maker BYD for HK$630.33 million ($80.67 million), a stock exchange filing showed.

** China's Fosun International Ltd (FOSUF) has appointed Deutsche Bank to advise on a potential sale of its stake in Hong Kong-based reinsurance company Peak Re, four people with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

** Societe Generale, France's third-biggest listed bank, and U.S. investment management company Alliance Bernstein plan to form a joint venture focusing on global cash equities and equity research, they said.

** A planned merger of Thai telecoms firms DTAC and True Corporation will not take place as planned this year, but may still go ahead in the first quarter of 2023, DTAC majority owner Telenor (TELNF) said.

** Malaysian telecoms firm TIME dotCom is selling a major stake in its data centre business to U.S. infrastructure investor DigitalBridge Group (DBRG/PJ) for about 2 billion ringgit ($437.64 million), the companies announced.

** Penguin Random House, the world's largest book publisher, and smaller U.S. rival Simon & Schuster have scrapped a $2.2 billion deal to merge, Penguin owner Bertelsmann announced on Monday.

** U.S. railroad operator Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC) said on Monday it would buy the assets of Cincinnati Southern Railway (CSR) for about $1.62 billion in cash.

** Brazilian meatpacker Minerva SA made a non-binding offer to buy Breeders & Packers Uruguay from Japan-based NH Foods Ltd (NHFOF), it said in a securities filing on Monday. (Compiled by Rajarshi Roy and Pratik Jain in Bengaluru)

Copyright © Reuters 2008. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

News, commentary and research reports are from third-party sources unaffiliated with Fidelity. Fidelity does not endorse or adopt their content. Fidelity makes no guarantees that information supplied is accurate, complete, or timely, and does not provide any warranties regarding results obtained from their use.